- what the reason is for learning
- how it relates to their experiences
- how their self concept will be affected (they need to be seen and treated as capable and self-directed)
- when they will have the readiness (adults become ready to learn things they need to know and do in order to cope effectively with real-life situations (Knowles et al., 2005)),
- how it is ‘life centered’
- where their motivation is coming from - internal and/or external
Although this blog focuses on how we assessed the needs of our teachers at the beginning of the school year, we continued to use additional needs assessments to drive our work with teachers throughout the rest of the year. We will share more information on how we continued to assess teacher needs and enroll teachers into working with instructional coaches in upcoming blog posts.